To inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance in a creative and fun-loving environment where dancers become artists.
▪ INTEGRITY: To conduct oneself with honesty, courtesy, and respect. To express consideration for one’s fellow dancers, educators, parents, staff and competitors. To be a person who leads by example and honors commitments. To be a person other people can count on.
▪ LEADERSHIP: To guide, direct and influence people in achieving their highest goals and ideals. By setting example through one’s actions and speech. To inspire and serve the people of your class, team, or community through full participation in all dance related activities.
▪ RESPONSIBILITY: To respect and adhere to the policies and procedures of the studio or the organizers of any conference, workshop, or competition. To be a person who interacts with peers and authority figures in a mature manner. To question authority in a respectful manner. To speak of any issue or grievance to the person who is able to resolve any concern. To be willing to receive coaching and direction when deemed appropriate.
▪ CHARACTER: To be a person who represents high levels of personal integrity, leadership and responsibility for oneself and others. A person who has the courage and willingness to face issues and concerns with maturity and dignity. To avoid gossip, criticism, or denigrating comments for any member of the dance community, parent, or peers.
▪ PROFESSIONALISM: To respect the dance profession and uphold our values and standards of conduct. To support and encourage one another. To voice opinions and initiate change that will elevate the dance community. To recognize oneself as a role model at all times. To love the study and performance of dance as a universal art form.